Why 3 million UK workers have taken out income protection insurance…
Savings and Government Support falling far short
Many of us don’t have savings that are sufficient to last more than a few months while government support tends to fall far short of what’s required, even for those on relatively low incomes.
- 58% of employees would receive three months sick pay or less.
- 24% of employees would not receive anything above the basic Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) of £88.45 per week.
Risk of Long-term Illness
It’s human nature to avoid thinking about illness by adopting the “it won’t happen to me” mindset.
However, the 2015 Health & Protection Survey conducted by Drewberry found that:
- One in five UK workers have been off work for three months or longer.
- One in three UK workers were off work because of mental health or back pain.
- One in three UK workers who are off work for six months are still off work five years later.
Why people are turning to income protection?
- Protect up to 65% of your gross income should you be unable to work due to an accident or illness which prevents you from doing your current job.
- Include unemployment cover to protect against the risk of forced redundancy.
- Income protection can protect you right up to your expected retirement age and will pay out as many claims as are needed under the terms of the policy without the cost of the premium increasing.
- It provides peace of mind knowing your income is protected whether you have a short term illness or you have something more serious and are never able to work again.
“Income Protection is the one protection policy every working adult should consider.” Which? Money
“If you want to find out what it would take to protect your income go ahead and complete the form on this page and our handy tool will provide you with instant results comparing the top 10 UK income protection insurers.
At the end of the day, if there is a need to protect your income we are here to make sure that your policy is set-up correctly.”
Director at Drewberry Insurance
Very important if you are either Self-Employed or a Company Director.
Oue Experts have access to far more insurers and can often find a better deal offline.